TEMPEH TANTRUMS & DO RE MIE GORENG
Learn the basics of cake decorating with a plant-based twist – and take home your own masterpiece!
Join Annabelle McMillan as she shares the sweet and spicy flavours of her childhood, reimagined into the vegan versions, that helped launch her business, My Little Panda Kitchen.
You’ll learn how to prepare a sweet and spicy glazed tempeh, a vegan Mie Goreng (that’ll make your heart sing), as well as how to harvest the flavours and traditional tang to create superb plant-based dishes.
With the mixture of sweet and spicy flavours, discover the culinary experimentation which led to My Little Panda Kitchen’s success.
Ideal for beginners and more experienced cooks who want to learn about vegan cooking.
On the menu
- Tempeh kering (fried tempeh with sweet & spicy glaze)
- Urap (Javanese salad of blanched veggies with dry chilli coconut dressing)
- Mie goreng (stir-fried noodles with spice paste from scratch)
- Klepon (pandan coconut dessert with sticky palm sugar centre)
- Discussion on tempeh and its Indonesian origins
- The flavours of Indonesian cuisine and plant-based substitute ingredients
- Discussion of other vegan ingredients
- Step-by-step discussion of the recipes
- Demonstration and hands-on cooking to prepare the dishes