vegan cake decorating basics
Learn the basics of cake decorating with a plant-based twist – and take home your own masterpiece!
In this hands on workshop, you will learn the basics of buttercream, how to make that popular white chocolate ganache drip (with vegan ingredients), and how to arrange and compose your toppings. You’ll be introduced to the best plant-based alternatives to use to create cakes they’ll never guess are vegan.
- Introduction to “buttercream” (and how to make it without butter, or cream!)
- How to cut, stack, and fill a round cake
- Colouring buttercream with gel colours
- How to create smooth, sharp edges
- Creating a layered watercolour effect
- How to make and apply a white chocolate drip
- How to decorate the cake with a range of toppings (and tips for the best supermarket accessible toppings around)
LEARN NEXT LEVEL CAKE DECORATING WITH ALL PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS.
It’s “welcome to the dark side” at this hands-on workshop with Annabelle from My Little Panda Kitchen. Push your cake decorating skills to the next level as you create your own black beauty, using black buttercream, gold lustre, sugar shards and dramatic black drip.
You’ll learn about the best plant-based alternatives to use, to create cakes no one would guess are vegan. You’ll also take home a bunch of sharp skills with your own masterpiece.
Ideal for students with basic cake decorating skills (levelling, filling, stacking, crumb coating and base coating)
You’ll learn how to:
- make vegan black buttercream
- nail those sharp edges
- make black white chocolate ganache drips
- paint with gold lustre
- colour buttercream and composition
- make isomalt sails and sugar shards.