vegan baking: Bread!
Do you need to kneed? Love a loaf? Crave the carb?
In this hands on workshop you’ll receive expert guidance as you learn how to make your own delicious vegan carb creations – a versatile all purpose dough great for loaves, a quick yeast-free Irish soda bread and an enriched yeasted dough that can be used for sweet buns and scrolls!
Professional bread nerd Katie Rex will be on hand to answer any questions you might have about vegan baking, and you’ll take home the skills and knowledge you need to continue baking in your home kitchen.
On the menu
- Spinach and artichoke plaits
- No kneed, no wait soda bread
- Maker Kitchen’s famous cinnamon scrolls
Please note: we cannot provide gluten-free alternatives for this workshop.
- An introduction to the ingredients used in vegan baking as well as the science behind flours, yeasts and alternative ways to make your bread rise
- All the info you need in order to make the perfect dough
- Kneading and shaping techniques for loaves, buns and scrolls
- Filling, flavouring and topping your breads for endless sweet and savoury options – All vegan naturally!
About your tutor
Maker Kitchen’s head chef Katie Rex has been pumping out the carbs at Sydney’s first 100% vegan shared commercial kitchen and cafe since 2017. She has a passion for the science of baking as well as a drive to make veganism accessible and fun.